Introduction for European Travel Insurance:
|European Travel Insurance|
Traveling Within The EU Countries
There are several countries in the European continent that are part of the European Union (EU). You will find that in most of the cases every traveler will be covered in case you are traveling in EU. This is due to the reciprocal agreements which happen to be the part of EU Social Security Coordination. This basically means that irrespective of where you travel within EU, your European Travel Insurance will stand true, as long as it remains applicable in any one of the countries. However, one must be aware that the way care is being given to the traveler might differ from one country to another. There may be instances where you may have to bear a portion of the medical bill from your own pocket. Whatever may be the scenario, having a travel insurance to help you out is always a great idea. You may even choose to go with one way travel insurance.
In case you are already being insured by a social security system, by any one of the member states in the EU, then there is a possibility that you may also be eligible for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as well. However, there are a few things which aren’t covered under the reciprocal agreement. Lost luggage, emergency medical evacuation, personal liability expenses or other such things aren’t covered here. For expenses like these, it is ideal to have travel medical insurance as well, because you may never know when you may need it.
Traveling Into The EUIf you aren’t a citizen of one of the countries in EU, then the reciprocal healthcare agreement is of no use to you, as you stand to receive no benefit whatsoever from this. Hence, a European Travel Insurance is what you need to protect you if necessary while you are enjoying the beautiful locales of the continent. Companies like Europaische Reiseversicherung, provide multiple-travel insurance policies as well, where you can take more than one trip a year and remained covered every single time.
There are a couple of ways to go about for procuring the travel insurance which you think is right for you.
- It is preferable that you get an insurance that is denominated using Euros, and at the same time will be administered fully within Europe. There are cases, where the best option is to get European Travel Insurance which is based in that region or country. The administration of this insurance will be right in your time zone, in case you need it, and at the same time the fact that it is in Euros will be of great help. This will ensure that the possibility of acceptance is high, as compared to those in a foreign language.
- You can also purchase a European Travel Insurance, from your own home country. If it is denominated in your home country’s currency then you may have more providers. International plans generally tend to cover just about anywhere. In case you visit a provider who doesn’t work with the plan’s network, you can still seek care. The only difference is that you will have to pay upfront, and then get it reimbursed.
Schengen Visa Insurance
|Europe insurance-Schengen visa|
Why Should You Have Insurance Plans?
Irrespective of where you will be traveling within Europe, it is extremely important to have a European Travel Insurance. In fact most of the domestic insurance plans do not provide coverage outside your home country. In case they do provide you with the coverage, the travel-related benefits that you, as well as, you family need may not be included.
European Travel Insurance plans have been designed specifically to travel round the continent with you and to help cover costs of the doctor visits. It will also cover transportation to the hospital, and if necessary even carrying the body home in case the traveler passes away on the trip. These benefits aren’t typically covered under a domestic insurance plan. The fact that you get to choose the deductible and offers high policy maximums, make these plans completely affordable, yet comprehensive. This is definitely cheap travel insurance, considering the benefits that it provides you with.
Common BenefitsThere are a number of benefits which are provided by the European Travel Insurance. Although the benefits may vary, depending on the provider, the benefits which are common to all of them are,
- Doctor visits
- Emergency dental
- Emergency reunion
- Travel delays
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Accidental dismemberment and death
- Lost luggage
- Repatriation of remains
- Document and travel assistance